Shockwave Prostate Treatment
Shock Wave Therapy for Prostatitis has proven to be an absolute game-changer for men. Shock Wave Therapy for Prostatitis, BPH, and Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome benefits include:
- Alleviates Pelvic Pain and Perineal Pain
- Enhances Urination Control and Continence
- Minimizes the Frequent Urination At Night
- Enhances Men’s Ejaculations
There is ZERO INCREASED RISK LINKED TO PROSTATE CANCER with shock wave therapy. In fact, shock wave therapy could benefit and assist in the treatments of some cancers, new research has suggested. (Pubmed: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31446484 )
What happens if Prostatitis is left untreated?
If prostatitis is left untreated, your enlarged prostate could result in serious complications including:
- Urinary Retention Acute
- Urinary Retention that is chronic or long-lasting
- Urinary Tract Infections with Blood (UTIs)
- Bladder Damage That Is Permanent
- Kidney Damage That Is Permanent
- Stones in the Bladder
How Does Shockwave Therapy Work For Prostatitis
Shock Wave Therapy is a clinically validated and very successful treatment that has been used for decades in Europe to treat a wide range of problems, including erectile dysfunction/impotence, and is currently being used to treat Prostatitis.
Shock Wave for Prostatitis and BPH includes the use of an FDA-approved medical device to deliver acoustic pressure waves to the perineum (outside of the body).
ESWT works on a number of levels on the prostate including:
- Dissolving Scarred/Fibrotic Prostatic Tissue
- Reducing Spasticity, Restoring Prostatic Tissue Elasticity, and Dissipating Calcification
- Restoring Prostate Neovascularization and Revascularization Normal Prostate Blood Flow
- Nitric Oxide Production (NO)
- Inflammation Reduction
Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy for the Prostate is a safe, minimally invasive treatment that may improve or eliminate urine and ejaculation difficulties while also relieving discomfort.
Following a thorough prostatitis intake examination to determine whether you are a candidate for shock wave therapy for prostatitis, your doctor may propose a brief course of weekly shock wave treatments.
Each shock wave therapy for prostatitis treatment session can be completed in only 20 minutes, and are available at Health Expressions in Rockville, MD.
To find out if you are a candidate for shock wave therapy for prostatitis, call now.